The health of your organisation and trust are intrinsically linked.
Below are ten steps to building trust in your organisation to improve your organisational health.
- Talk about fear and trust as general topics and the specifics.
- Move toward triumphs and risks and away from shaming and blaming.
- Be vulnerable as a leader. You made a mistake, so talk about it. Share it.
- Reduce the power differentials in your organisation.
- When the executive team joins the employees ensure they are well practised in the art of listening.
- Ensure that relationship building is given a high priority. Go beyond talking in the lunchroom.
- Highlight and acknowledge the demonstration of personal leadership.
- Communication needs to be filtered through a human and friendly tone. Get rid of the management jargon.
- Seek feedback from everyone in the organisation – you employ people to use their brains.
- Being honest is vital – particularly during challenging times.
Build the trust… Work on organisational health.
To read our other articles on organisational health, click here.