The health of your organisation and trust
The health of your organisation and trust are intrinsically linked.
Below are ten steps to building trust in your organisation to improve your organisational health.
- Talk about fear and trust as general topics and the specifics.
- Move toward triumphs and risks and away from shaming and blaming.
- Be vulnerable as a leader. You made a mistake, so talk about it. Share it.
- Reduce the power differentials in your organisation.
- When the executive team joins the employees ensure they are well practised in the art of listening.
- Ensure that relationship building is given a high priority. Go beyond talking in the lunchroom.
- Highlight and acknowledge the demonstration of personal leadership.
- Communication needs to be filtered through a human and friendly tone. Get rid of the management jargon.
- Seek feedback from everyone in the organisation – you employ people to use their brains.
- Being honest is vital – particularly during challenging times.
Build the trust… Work on organisational health.
To read our other articles on organisational health, click here.